TEXT OF READING 364-13
This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce at his home on Arctic Crescent, Va. Beach, Va., this 17th day of November, 1932, in accordance with request made by Hugh Lynn Cayce, Active Member of the Ass»n for Research & Enlightenment, Inc.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. Mildred Davis, H. L. and L. B. Cayce, H. B. Harrell, Jr., at the last.
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 4:00 to 4:25 P. M. Eastern Standard Time.
1. GC: You will have before you the two articles copies of which I hold in my hand; the first on the Coming of Man; the second on Life Readings. You will please go over these articles in the order named, making corrections as to information presented and suggesting any changes in the presentation, expansion or condensing, which would more adequately fit them to fulfil the purposes desired. You will answer the questions which I will ask regarding the data and its presentation.
2. EC: Yes, we have the articles here as they are written.
3. The first, The Coming of Man: [See 364-13, Par. R1.] This presented in the form written here is very good, for the manner in which it is to be presented; however, as we find, it would be well to present this in such a way and manner that it might be given as a syndicated article for Sunday Supplement, or in such a manner that it might carry the thoughts presented here to a greater number of individuals.
4. The article, Life Readings: [See 264-13, Par. R2.] This might be bettered were there some expansion in references as to what the various schools or groups of astrologers, with the line of Grecian thought and Grecian mythology, have indicated as to the valuation of the name, or the god or goddess represented by the various planets. Then this would convey in the form more for the visualizing of the individual, that represented by the sojourns in Mercury — as the messenger, as the mental, as the charge necessary between the activities whether Venus, Jupiter, Saturn or what. Venus would be shown in its purity, its truth, its concept of the varied conditions when in the light of truth — or when brandished by those thoughts in Mars or Saturn, or the defilements in the Uranian or Jupiter powers turned to variations in conditions in experiences. All represent the attributes to man’s experience, and need visualization.
We would, then, only draw comparisons of these various conditions, as it were. The rest is very good, and will enable many an individual to get an insight into the message that is given in information of this nature.
5. Ready for questions.
6. (Q) Are the places designated for the beginning of the five races correct?
(A) As we find, these are changed, in that: Those in the Gobi, the yellow. The white — rather in the Carpathians than India, though this is the change to which they are made. The red, of course, in the Atlantean and in the American. The brown in the Andean. The black in the plain and the Sudan, or in African.
7. (Q) Where was the Carpathian region?
8. (Q) Where is the location? Is it on the map today?
(A) Southern part of Europe and Russia, and Persia and that land. Caucasian mountains.
9. (Q) Why was the number five selected for the projection of the five races?
(A) This, as we find, is that element which represents man in his physical form, and the attributes to which he may become conscious FROM the elemental or spiritual to the physical consciousness. As the senses; as the sensing OF the various forces that bring to man the activities in the sphere in which he finds himself.
This, to be sure, may be expanded upon. This must bear in the same relation to that as did exist, to the promise that He will come again. Does any individual group think of themselves so exalted as that only to one peoples will He appear as in the beginning, so shall it ever be, that man’s indwelling must recognize that not only must his desires carnally be crucified, but all elements that make for the awareness OF the spiritual manifestations in the material plane!
10. (Q) Did the appearance of what became the five races occur simultaneously?
(A) Occurred at once.
11. (Q) Describe the earth’s surface at the period of the appearance of the five projections.
(A) This has been given. In the first, or that known as the beginning, or in the Caucasian and Carpathian, or the Garden of Eden, in that land which lies now much in the desert, yet much in mountain and much in the rolling lands there. The extreme northern portions were then the southern portions, or the polar regions were then turned to where they occupied more of the tropical and semi-tropical regions; hence it would be hard to discern or disseminate the change. The Nile entered into the Atlantic Ocean. What is now the Sahara was an inhabited land and very fertile. What is now the central portion of this country, or the Mississippi basin, was then all in the ocean; only the plateau was existent, or the regions that are now portions of Nevada, Utah and Arizona formed the greater part of what we know as the United States. That along the Atlantic board formed the outer portion then, or the lowlands of Atlantis. The Andean, or the Pacific coast of South America, occupied then the extreme western portion of Lemuria. The Urals and the northern regions of same were turned into a tropical land. The desert in the Mongolian land was then the fertile portion. This may enable you to form SOME concept of the status of the earth’s representations at that time! The oceans were then turned about; they no longer bear their names, yet from whence obtained they their names? What is the legend, even, as to their names? [See Source File Key #2746 for 4/41 Comdr. Wynne’s map of coming rising Atlantis, re 2746-3.]
12. (Q) Are the following the correct places? Atlantean, the red.
(A) Atlantean and American, the red race.
13. (Q) Upper Africa for the black?
(A) Or what would be known now as the more WESTERN portion of upper Egypt for the black. You see, with the changes — when there came the uprisings in the Atlantean land, and the sojourning southward — with the turning of the axis, the white and yellow races came more into that portion of Egypt, India, Persia and Arabia.
14. (Q) There was no original projection in upper India?
(A) This was a portion rather of the white and the yellow as represented. Let these represent the attributes of the physical, or the senses and what forms they take, rather than calling them white, black, yellow, red and green, etc. What do they signify in the SENSING? Sight, vision — white. Feeling — red. Black — gratifying of appetites in the senses. Yellow — mingling in the hearing. What is the law of the peoples that these represent? Their basic thoughts run to those elements!
15. We are through for the present.