TEXT OF READING 364-3
This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce at his office, 105th St. & Ocean, Virginia Beach, Va., this 16th day of February, 1932, in accordance with request made by those present.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. Mildred Davis, Gray Salter, Hugh Lynn and L. B. Cayce.
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 11:40 A. M. Eastern Standard Time. (Suggestion to continue information on Atlantis)
1. EC: Yes, we have the subject and those conditions. As has been said, much data has been received from time to time through psychic forces as respecting conditions in or through the period, or ages, of this continent’s existence. That the continent existed is being proven as a fact.
2. Then, what took place during the period, or periods, when it was being broken up? What became of the inhabitants? What was the character of their civilization? Are there any evidences of those, or any portion of, the inhabitants’ escape? The POSITION of the continent, and the like, MUST be of interest to peoples in the present day, if either by inference that individuals are being born into the earth plane to develop in the present, or are people being guided in their spiritual interpretation of individuals’ lives or developments BY the spirits of those who inhabited such a continent. In either case, if these be true, they ARE WIELDING — and are to wield — an influence upon the happenings of the present day world.
3. The position as the continent Atlantis occupied, is that as between the Gulf of Mexico on the one hand — and the Mediterranean upon the other. Evidences of this lost civilization are to be found in the Pyrenees and Morocco on the one hand, British Honduras, Yucatan and America upon the other. There are some protruding portions within this that must have at one time or another been a portion of this great continent. The British West Indies or the Bahamas, and a portion of same that may be seen in the present — if the geological survey would be made in some of these — especially, or notably, in Bimini and in the Gulf Stream through this vicinity, these may be even yet determined.
4. What, then, are the character of the peoples? To give any proper conception, may we follow the line of a group, or an individual line, through this continent’s existence — and gain from same something of their character, their physiognomy, and their spiritual and physical development.
5. In the period, then — some hundred, some ninety-eight thousand years before the entry of Ram into India [See 364-3, Par. R2] — there lived in this land of Atlantis one Amilius [?], who had first NOTED that of the separations of the beings as inhabited that portion of the earth’s sphere or plane of those peoples into male and female as separate entities, or individuals. As to their forms in the physical sense, these were much RATHER of the nature of THOUGHT FORMS, or able to push out OF THEMSELVES in that direction in which its development took shape in thought — much in the way and manner as the amoeba would in the waters of a stagnant bay, or lake, in the present. As these took form, by the gratifying of their own desire for that as builded or added to the material conditions, they became hardened or set — much in the form of the existent human body of the day, with that of color as partook of its surroundings much in the manner as the chameleon in the present. Hence coming into that form as the red, or the mixture peoples — or colors; known then later by the associations as the RED race. These, then, able to use IN their gradual development all the forces as were manifest in their individual surroundings, passing through those periods of developments as has been followed more closely in that of the yellow, the black, or the white races, in other portions of the world; yet with their immediate surroundings, with the facilities for the developments, these became much speedier in this particular portion of the globe than in others — and while the destruction of this continent and the peoples are far beyond any of that as has been kept as an absolute record, that record in the rocks still remains — as has that influence OF those peoples in that life of those peoples to whom those that did escape during the periods of destruction make or influence the lives of those peoples TO whom they came. As they MAY in the present, either through the direct influence of being regenerated, or re-incarnated into the earth, or through that of the MENTAL application on through the influences as may be had upon thought OF individuals or groups by speaking from that environ.
6. In the MANNER of living, in the manner of the moral, of the social, of the religious life of these peoples: There, classes existed much in the same order as existed among others; yet the like of the warlike INFLUENCE did NOT exist in the peoples — AS a people — as it did in the OTHER portions of the universe.
7. To be continued.