TEXT OF READING 5748-2
This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce at his office, 322 Grafton Avenue, Dayton, Ohio, this 28th day of May, 1925, in accordance with request made by Edgar Cayce himself.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno.
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 2:30 P. M. Dayton Savings Time.
1. GC: You will now have before you the reading given on the psychic work of Edgar Cayce on the morning of 5/28/25, and you will continue with this reading regarding the information of the first laws concerning man’s relations to the Higher Forces, giving this in an outline manner and how this was given to the people.
2. EC: Now, as we see, as given, how and what the classifications were of the physical in the earth’s plane at that period, the numbers then of human souls in the earth plane being a hundred and thirty and three million (133,000,000) souls. The beginning then of the understanding of laws as applied from man’s viewpoint being in this second rule in the country now Egypt. The rule covering the period of a hundred and ninety and nine (199) years, and the entity giving the chance to the peoples, for the study being in the twenty and eighth (28th) year, when [he] began to gather the peoples together for this and surrounding himself with those of that land and of the various lands wherein the human life dwelled at that period. The numbers of the people that came together for the purpose then numbering some forty and four (44).
3. The Courts as were made were in the tents and the caves of the dwellers of the then chosen priest from the Arabian or Tibetan country, who came as one among those to assist with the astrologer and the soothsayers of the desert of now the eastern and western worlds, and with this the conclave was held for many, many, moons. The period in the world’s existence from the present time being ten and one-half million (10,500,000) years, and the changes that have come in the earth’s plane many have risen in the lands. Many lands have disappeared, many have appeared and disappeared again and again during these periods, gradually changing as the condition became to the relative position of the earth with the other spheres through which man passes in this solar system.
4. The first laws, then, partook of that of the study of self, the division of mind, the division of the solar systems, the division of man in the various spheres of existence through the earth plane and through the earth’s solar system. The BOOK OF THE DEAD, then, being the first of those that were written as the inscribed conditions necessary for the development in earth or in spirit planes. These, as we see, covered many various phases. About these were set many different ones to give the interpretation of same to the peoples in the various spheres that the individuals dwelled in that came together. Hence the difference in the manner of approaching the same sacrificial conditions in the various spheres, yet all using the Sun, the Moon, the Stars, as the emblems of the conditions necessary for the knowledge of those elements as enter in; same as the fish representing the water from which all were drawn out, as we would see from the various changes.
5. The beginnings then of this in a systematic manner beginning with this second rule, in this manner, in this land.
6. We are through for the present.