TEXT OF READING 5749-3
This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce his home on Arctic Crescent, Virginia Beach, Va., before the Second Annual Congress of the Association for Research & Enlightenment, Inc., this 17th day of June, 1933, in accordance with request made by those present.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. Approximately thirty other people attending the Congress.
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 5:15 to 5:45 P. M. Eastern Standard Time.
1. GC: You will give at this time a discourse on the subject, «Angels and Archangels, and How They Help Humanity.» You will also answer the questions which will be asked.
2. EC: Yes. With the bringing into creation the manifested forms, there came that which has been, is, and ever will be, the spirit realm and its attributes — designated as angels and archangels. They are the spiritual manifestations in the spirit world of those attributes that the developing forces accredit to the One Source, that may be seen in material planes through the influences that may aid in development of the mental and spiritual forces through an experience — or in the acquiring of knowledge that may aid in the intercourse one with another.
3. Then, how do they aid? Under what law do they operate?
4. The divine, in its intercourse, influence and manifestation with that which partakes of the same forces as they manifest.
5. Ready for questions.
6. (Q) Please explain the virgin birth of Jesus, the Christ.
(A) In that there had been the manifestation in the earth of that which completed the cycle for the necessary manifestation in the earth of the holy influence necessary for the sustaining of a backsliding world, there was then that choosing of the influence through which there became manifest (in and through those channels that comply with the laws of spiritual forces) that which brought into being the conception, that made for the living influence of the Spirit through the body that became the child Jesus; and through the manifesting of the spirit of the oneness of the Father became a manifestation of the Christ Spirit in material surroundings.
7. (Q) Explain the law of the line of demarcation between soul and spirit.
(A) This is one, yet distinct — even as the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit is one, yet is the manifestation of a force that is capable of manifestation in the varied planes of development.
The soul is an individual, individuality, that may grow to be one with, or separate from, the whole.
The spirit is the impelling influence of infinity, or the one creative source, force, that is manifest.
Hence we find that in the physical plane we seek soul manifestation as the spirit moves same in activity.
8. (Q) Discuss the various phases of spiritual development before and after reincarnation in the earth.
(A) This may be illustrated best in that which has been sought through example in the earth.
When there was in the beginning a man’s advent into the plane known as earth, and it became a living soul, amenable to the laws that govern the plane itself as presented, the Son of man entered earth as the first man. Hence the Son of man, the Son of God, the Son of the first Cause, making manifest in a material body.
This was not the first spiritual influence, spiritual body, spiritual manifestation in the earth, but the first man — flesh and blood; the first carnal house, the first amenable body to the laws of the plane in its position in the universe.
FOR, THE EARTH IS ONLY AN ATOM IN THE UNIVERSE OF WORLDS!
And man’s development began through the laws of the generations in the earth; thus the development, retardment, or the alterations in those positions in a material plane.
And with error entered that as called DEATH, which is only a transition — or through God’s other door — into that realm where the entity has builded, in its manifestations as related to the knowledge and activity respecting the law of the universal influence.
Hence the development is through the planes of experience that an entity may become one WITH the first cause; even as the angels that wait before the Throne bring the access of the influence in the experience through the desires and activities of an entity, or being, in whatever state, place or plane of development the entity is passing.
For, in the comprehension of no time, no space, no beginning, no end, there may be the glimpse of what simple transition or birth into the material is; as passing through the other door into another consciousness.
Death in the material plane is passing through the outer door into a consciousness in the material activities that partakes of what the entity, or soul, has done with its spiritual truth in its manifestations in the other sphere.
Hence, as there came the development of that first entity of flesh and blood through the earth plane, he became INDEED the Son — through the things which He experienced in the varied planes, as the development came to the oneness with the position in that which man terms the Triune.
9. (Q) Are angels and archangels synonymous with that which we call the laws of the universe? If so, explain and give an example.
(A) They are as the laws of the universe; as is Michael the lord of the Way, NOT the Way but the lord of the Way, hence disputed with the influence of evil as to the way of the spirit of the teacher or director in his entrance through the outer door. [See Jude 1:9 in re Michael the archangel «when contending with the devil about the body of Moses» when Moses died.]
10. (Q) Describe some of the planes into which entities pass on experiencing the change called death.
(A) Passing from the material consciousness to a spiritual or cosmic, or outer consciousness, oft does an entity or being not become conscious of that about it; much in the same manner as an entity born into the material plane only becomes conscious gradually of that designated as time and space for the material or third dimensional plane. In the passage the entity becomes conscious, or the recognition of being in a fourth or higher dimensional plane takes place, much in the same way as the consciousness is gained in the material.
For, as we have given, that we see manifested in the material plane is but a shadow of that in the spiritual plane.
In materiality we find some advance faster, some grow stronger, some become weaklings. Until there is redemption through the acceptance of the law (or love of God, as manifested through the Channel or the Way), there can be little or no development in a material or spiritual plane. But all must pass under the rod, even as He — who entered into materiality.
11. We are through.