TEXT OF READING 3976-15
This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce at the home of Mr. and Mrs. T. Mitchell Hastings, 410 Park Avenue, New York City, this 19th day of January, 1934, in accordance with request made by those present.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Hugh Lynn Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. Carolyn B. Hastings, Josephine L. B. Macsherry, T. Mitchell Hastings. (Mrs. Hastings led in meditation, before Mr. Cayce went to sleep.)
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 11:40 to 12:40 A. M.
1. HLC: We seek at this time such information as will be of value and interest to those present, including T. Mitchell Hastings, Jr. in the next room, regarding the spiritual, mental and physical changes which are coming to the earth. You will tell us what part we may play in meeting and helping others to understand these changes. At the end of each fifteen minute period you will pause, until I tell you to continue, while the recording instrument is being arranged. You will speak distinctly at a normal rate of speech, and you will answer the questions which we will ask.
2. EC: Yes; as each of you gathered here have your own individual development, yet as each seeks to be a channel of blessings to the fellow man, each attunes self to the Throne of universal information. And there may be accorded you that which may be beneficial, not only in thine own experience, but that which will prove helpful, hopeful, in the experience of others.
3. Many an one may question you as to the sources, as to the channel through such information that may be given you at this time has come. Know it has reached that which is as high for each of you in your respective development as you have merited, and do merit; and has accorded and does accord to the realm of light that which may be aidful and helpful in thine own experience, and in the experience of those that ye in your service to thy fellow man may give unto others.
4. Hence, in giving the interpretation, MANY are present; many of those whose names alone would bring to others awe – discredit, yet – even a wonderment. For, not only then must the information be instructive but enlightening; yet it must also be so given that it may be a PRACTICAL thing in the experience of thine own self and in the experience of life of thine fellow man. Not only must it be informative in nature, but it must also be that which is constructive; though [pause] that which is informative and that which may be enlightening and constructive must at times overlap one another.
5. First, then: There is soon to come into the world a body [See Par. 6 below]; one of our own number here that to many has been a representative of a sect, of a thought, of a philosophy, of a group, yet one beloved of all men in all places where the universality of God in the earth has been proclaimed, where the oneness of the Father as God is known and is consciously magnified in the activities of individuals that proclaim the acceptable day of the Lord. Hence that one John, the beloved in the earth – his name shall be John, and also at the place where he met face to face [Peniel]. [GD’s note: Could this mean that John, the beloved, had been Jacob? See 3976-15, Par. R2.]
6. When, where, is to be this one? In the hearts and minds of those that have set themselves in that position that they become a channel through which spiritual, mental and material things become one in the purpose and desires of that physical body! [GD’s note: Beginning of new age of spiritual awakening? See 5749-5, Par. 5–7; 281-38, Par. 16.]
7. As to the material changes that are to be as an omen, as a sign to those that this is shortly to come to pass – as has been given of old, the sun will be darkened and the earth shall be broken up in divers places – and THEN shall be PROCLAIMED – through the spiritual interception in the hearts and minds and souls of those that have sought His way – that HIS star has appeared, and will point [pause] the way for those that enter into the holy of holies in themselves. For, God the Father, God the Teacher, God the director, in the minds and hearts of men, must ever be IN those that come to know Him as first and foremost in the seeking of those souls; for He is first the GOD to the individual and as He is exemplified, as He is manifested in the heart and in the acts of the body, of the individual, He becomes manifested before men. And those that seek in the latter portion of the year of our Lord (as ye have counted in and among men) ’36, He [He, Christ Spirit?] will appear. [See 3976-1, Par R2 (12/20/34 EC note in re ’36), and 3976-10, Par. 4-A, 5-A on 2/8/32 in re ’36 changes.]
8. As to the changes physical again: The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America. There will be the upheavals in the Arctic and in the Antarctic that will make for the eruption of volcanos in the Torrid areas, and there will be shifting then of the poles – so that where there has been those of a frigid or the semi-tropical will become the more tropical, and moss and fern will grow. And these will begin in those periods in ’58 to ’98, when these will be proclaimed as the periods when His light will be seen again in the clouds. As to times, as to seasons, as to places, ALONE is it given to those who have named the name – and who bear the mark of those of His calling and His election in their bodies. To them it shall be given.
9. As to those things that deal with the mental of the earth, these shall call upon the mountains to cover many. As ye have seen those in lowly places raised to those of power in the political, in the machinery of nations’ activities, so shall ye see those in high places reduced and calling on the waters of darkness to cover them. And those that in the inmost recesses of theirselves awaken to the spiritual truths that are to be given, and those places that have acted in the capacity of teachers among men, the rottenness of those that have ministered in places will be brought to light, and turmoils and strifes shall enter. And, as there is the wavering of those that would enter as emissaries, as teachers, from the throne of life, the throne of light, the throne of immortality, and wage war in the air with those of darkness, then know ye the Armageddon is at hand. For with the great numbers of the gathering of the hosts of those that have hindered and would make for man and his weaknesses stumblingblocks, they shall wage war with the spirits of light that come into the earth for this awakening; that have been and are being called by those of the sons of men into the service of the living God. For He, as ye have been told, is not the God of the dead, not the God of those that have forsaken Him, but those that love His coming, that love His associations among men – the God of the LIVING, the God of Life! For, He IS Life.
10. Who shall proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord in him that has been born in the earth in America? Those from that land where there has been the regeneration, not only of the body but the mind and the spirit of men, THEY shall come and declare that John Peniel is giving to the world the new ORDER of things. Not that these that have been proclaimed have been refused, but that they are made PLAIN in the minds of men, that they may know the truth and the truth, the life, the light, will make them free.
11. I have declared this, that has been delivered unto me to give unto you, ye that sit here and that hear and that see a light breaking in the east, and have heard, have seen thine weaknesses and thine faultfindings, and know that He will make thy paths straight if ye will but live that YE KNOW this day – then may the next step, the next word, be declared unto thee. For ye in your weakness [pause] have known the way, through that as ye have made manifest of the SPIRIT of truth and light that has been proclaimed into this earth, that has been committed unto the keeping of Him that made of Himself no estate but who brought into being all that ye see manifest in the earth, and has declared this message unto thee: “Love the Lord thy God with all thine heart,” and the second is like unto it, “Love thy neighbor as thyself.” Who is thine neighbor? Him that ye may aid in whatsoever way that he, thy neighbor, thy brother, has been troubled. Help him to stand on his own feet. For such may only know the acceptable way. The weakling, the unsteady, must enter into the crucible and become as naught, even as He, that they may know the way. I, Halaliel, have spoken.
12. (Q) What are the world changes to come this year physically?
(A) The earth will be broken up in many places. The early portion will see a change in the physical aspect of the west coast of America. There will be open waters appear in the northern portions of Greenland. There will be new lands seen off the Caribbean Sea, and DRY land will appear. There will be the falling away in India of much of the material suffering that has been brought on a troubled people. There will be the reduction of one risen to power in central Europe to naught. The young king son will soon reign [See Par. 13-A below]. In America in the political forces we see a re-stabilization of the powers of the peoples in their own hands, a breaking up of the rings, the cliques in many places. South America shall be shaken from the uppermost portion to the end, and in the Antarctic off of Tierra Del Fuego LAND, and a strait with rushing waters. [See 4/61 EARTH CHANGES booklet report, p. 30. Also see 5/64 A.R.E. issue of THE SEARCHLIGHT “Updating Earth Changes.”]
13. (Q) To what country is the reference made regarding the young king?
(A) In Germany.
14. (Q) Is America fulfilling her destiny?
(A) Rather should the question be sought, my children, are individuals fulfilling those channels to which they have been brought through their own application of the knowledge within themselves to fulfill their position? For each and every one, each and every nation, is led – even as in heaven. For that ye see in earth is a PATTERN of that in the MIND, as ye well know, and is as a shadow of spiritual truth, life and light. Is America as a whole? This is as has been given. If there is not the acceptance in America of the closer brotherhood of man, the love of the neighbor as self, civilization must wend its way westward – and again must Mongolia, must a hated people, be raised.
It is filling its destiny? Is it filling, rather, its place, that destined in the experience of peoples, of a nation? What have ye done with the knowledge that ye have respecting the relationships of thy Creator to thy fellow man? and hast thou made known that ye know of His ways, God’s ways, among thy fellows? Yea, here and there, as ye have seen, America has become not only the greater of these that have sent those that would make known secular ways but has also – does harbor within its bosom those things of other lands that are making, as it were, a leaven to the whole. And here, there – for, as given, His messenger shall appear there. Hence, is finding those that make the paths straight.
15. (Q) Explain the relation between the information just given regarding Germany and the changes for this year, and the information already given through this channel on Hitler.
(A) Read that, my children, that has been given; that there was the destiny for the man, if he did not allow Imperialism to enter in – and it is entering. Hence must be called into question.
16. (Q) Who will uncover the history of the past in record form which are said to be near the sphinx in Egypt?
(A) As was set in those records of the law of One in Atlantis, that there would come three that would make of the perfect way of life. And as there is found those that have made, in their experience from their sojourn in the earth, a balance in their spiritual, their mental, their material experiences or existences, so may they become those channels through which there may be proclaimed to a seeking, a waiting, a desirous body, those things that proclaim how there has been preserved in the earth (that as is a shadow of the mental and the spiritual reservation of God to His children) those truths that have been so long proclaimed. Those, then, that make themselves that channel. For, as He has given, who is to proclaim is not mine to give, but they that have made of themselves such a measure of their experiences as to be worthy of proclaiming.
17. (Q) Is Roosevelt right?
(A) WHO is right? He that will be guided by that spirit of truth. He, Roosevelt, has been raised for a privilege; and as to whether he – as others – is to use those privileges in His ways that make for right, or error in the lives of those that are influenced by the activities of the body, is within HIS relationship to that God WE as individuals, as souls, both in the earth, in heaven, in air, ARE measured to that as he proclaims. His basis in that he has done thus far has been founded in the spirit of truth. As to what will be done, as it was with him who sat at the peace table and proclaimed a way, yet was rejected among men, even in his own land, when he stood in the position as Roosevelt does to his people. What will the people do with the spirit of truth that is being proclaimed by him (Roosevelt), is rather the question. He has been called. He has been given. What will ye do with this man?
18. (Q) Will he live out his term?
(A) The greater period for destructive forces to enter in as respecting the life in this experience has passed. It will come again not in this year, but when there are changes in the next session. As to what will be the final outcome, depends – as ever – upon what is done ABOUT that period. What may ye as individuals gathered here do respecting same? Make known that his ways are WORTHY of being considered, and pray ye with him that if it be His will his hour will pass. If he falters, then he must be removed.
19. (Q) Is there any further counsel or advice for us gathered here, which will enable us to understand better our responsibility?
(A) All gathered here in the name of God who is the Father, to those that seek to know His ways – and who is as something outside the veil of their understanding unless sought, even as the counsel of the Father, of that God-Mother in each soul that seeks to know the biddings; not as one that would reap vengeance but rather as the loving, MERCIFUL Father. For, as ye show mercy, so may the Father show mercy to thee. As ye show the wisdom, as ye show the love of thy fellow man, so may the love be shown, so may the wisdom, so may the guiding steps day by day be shown thee. Be ye joyous in the Lord, knowing that He is ever present with those that seek His face. He is not in heaven, but makes heaven in thine own heart, if ye accept Him. He, God, the Father, is present and manifest in that ye mete to your fellow man in thine own experience.
Would ye know the Father, be the father to thy brother. Would ye know the love of the Father, SHOW thy love to thy faltering, to thy erring brother – but to those that seek, not those that condemn.
20. We are through.