TEXT OF READING 5749-4
This Psychic Reading given by Edgar Cayce at his home on Arctic Crescent, Va. Beach, Va., this 6th day of August, 1933, in accordance with request made by those present.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. Minnie and C. A. Barrett, Esther Wynne, Florence and Edith Edmonds, Frances Y. Morrow, Mildred Davis, Ruth LeNoir and L. B. Cayce.
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 4:30 to 5:00 P. M.
1. GC: You will have before you the Norfolk Study Group #1, members of which are present in this room, who seek more knowledge of, and that a reading be given on, Jesus the Christ. We would appreciate all knowledge that might be given on Him at this time, after which you will answer the questions that may be asked by each individual present.
2. EC: Yes, we have the group as gathered here; and their work, their desires. We will seek that as may be given at this time.
3. “I, John, would speak with thee concerning the Lord, the Master, as He walked among men. As given, if all that He did and said were written, I suppose the world would not contain all that may be said.”
4. As He, the Christ, is in His glory that was ordained of the Father, He may be approached by those who in sincerity and earnestness seek to know Him – and to be guided by Him. As He has given, by faith all things are made possible through belief in His name.
5. Believest thou? Then let thine activities bespeak that thou wouldst have, in spirit, in truth.
6. Seek, then, each in your own way and manner, to magnify that you, as souls, as beings, would make manifest of His love, in the way He will show thee day by day.
7. As He came into the world, as man knows the world, then He became as man; yet in the spirit world He seeks to make manifest that sought by those who do His biddings.
8. For, as He gave, “If ye love me, keep my commandments. These are not new, and are not grievous, that ye love one another – even as the Father loveth me.”
9. (Q) : Please explain why during meditation last Monday noon I had the longing to seek more knowledge of, and a reading on, Jesus the Christ.
(A) The inner self approached nearer the attunement of the consciousness of the Christ presence.
The Christ Consciousness is a universal consciousness of the Father Spirit. The Jesus consciousness is that man builds as body worship.
In the Christ Consciousness, then, there is the oneness of self, self’s desires, self’s abilities, made in at-onement with the forces that may bring to pass that which is sought by an individual entity or soul. Hence at that particular period self was in accord. Hence the physical consciousness had the desire to make it an experience of the whole consciousness of self.
Seek this the more often. He will speak with thee, for His promises are true – every one of them.
10. (Q) : Please explain: While meditating I had the realization of the forces within and the forces without being the one and the same force. Then as if someone said: “Why not look to the within?” When I turned to the within, I received a realization of the Christ which seemed to take form in body.
(A) In this the body-consciousness experienced much that “I, even John, experienced when I looked behind me from the cave and saw that the without and within are ONE,” [John 11:38? John’s witnessing the healing of Lazarus?] when the desires of the heart make each atom of the physical body vibrate with the consciousness of, the belief and the faith and the presence of, the Christ life, the Christ Consciousness.
Life is an essence of the Father. The Christ, taking up the life of the man Jesus, becomes life in glory; and may be glorified in each atom of a physical body that attunes self to the consciousness and the WILL of the Christ Spirit.
11. (Q) : Is the Celestial Sphere a definite place in the Universe or is it a state of mind?
(A) When an entity, a soul, passes into any sphere, with that it has builded in its celestial body, it must occupy – to a finite mind – space, place, time. Hence, to a finite mind, a body can only be in a place, a position. An attitude, sure – for that of a onement with, or attunement with, the Whole.
For, God is love; hence occupies a space, place, condition, and IS the Force that permeates all activity.
So, Christ is the ruling force in the world that man, in his finite mind – the material body, must draw to self of that sphere of which the entity, the soul, is a part, of whatever period of experience, to be conscious of an existence in that particular sphere or plane.
12. (Q) Is Jesus the Christ on any particular sphere or is He manifesting on the earth plane in another body?
(A) As just given, all power in heaven, in earth, is given to Him who overcame. Hence He is of Himself in space, in the force that impels through faith, through belief, in the individual entity. As a Spirit Entity. Hence not in a body in the earth, but may come at will to him who WILLS to be one with, and acts in love to make same possible.
For, He shall come as ye have seen Him go, in the BODY He occupied in Galilee. The body that He formed, that was crucified on the cross, that rose from the tomb, that walked by the sea, that appeared to Simon, that appeared to Philip, that appeared to “I, even John.”
13. (Q) Wherever He is, how may I contact Him so that I may see Him and hear Him speak?
(A) The making of the will of self one with His will makes a whole attunement with Him. He WILL, with the making of self in accord and desiring same, speak with thee. “Be not afraid, it is I.” [8/20/33 See 262-51, Par. 8-A, 9-A in re Mrs.  making herself more in accord so He will speak.]
14. (Q) : Was the vision I saw early one morning several months ago a vision of the Master?
(A) A passing shadow, yes. Pray rather to the Son, the Father through the Son, that He walks with thee – and He WILL walk and talk with thee. Be NOT satisfied with ANY other. He may oft give His angels charge concerning thee, yet know the Master’s touch, the Master’s voice; for He may walk and talk with thee. HE is the Way; there is no other. He in body suffered; for himself, yea – for thee also. Wilt thou turn, then, to any other?
15. (Q) When Jesus the Christ comes the second time, will He set up His kingdom on earth and will it be an everlasting kingdom?
(A) Read His promises in that ye have written of His words, even as “I gave”. He shall rule for a thousand years. Then shall Satan be loosed again for a season.
16. (Q) : How may I raise my vibrations so as to contact the Christ?
(A) Making the will, the desire of the heart, one with His, believing in faith, in patience, all becomes possible in Him, through Him to the Father; for He gave it as it is. Believest thou?
Then, “according to thy faith be it done in thee”.
17. We are through.