TEXT OF READING 3976-19
This Psychic Reading given by Edgar Cayce at his home on Arctic Crescent, Virginia Beach, Va., this 24th day of June, 1938, in accordance with request made by Hugh Lynn Cayce, Manager of the Association for Research & Enlightenment, Inc.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno. Hugh Lynn Cayce.
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 10:55 to 11:25 A. M. Eastern Standard Time.
1. GC: You will continue at this time the information given Monday, June 20th, on National and International affairs, which is to be presented at the Congress meeting on Monday, June 27th. Please continue this discourse, applying the general principles outlined to present conditions in America and other countries. You will answer the questions that may be asked.
2. EC: Since the application of those truths or tenets as indicated becomes the basic needs of the peoples of every land in the present, to be sure it behooves those in America – then – to apply same in their dealings with the situations that exist respecting the political, the economic and the general situations throughout the land.
3. This at the first glance may appear to be an impractical thing; yet these are the conditions to be met:
4. Every phase of human experience and human relationship must be taken into consideration; just as indicated from that given, that we ARE our brother’s keeper.
5. Then if those in position to give of their means, their wealth, their education, their position, DO NOT take these things into consideration, there must be that leveling that will come.
6. For unless these are considered, there must eventually become a revolution in this country – and there will be a dividing of the sections as one against another. For these are the leveling means and manners to which men resort when there is the plenty in SOME areas and a lack of the sustenance in the life of others.
7. These are the manners in which such things as crime, riots and every nature of disturbance arise – in that those who are in authority are not considering every level, every phase of human activity and human experience.
8. We find these conditions have been in other lands centralized, localized into individual activities – as in Russia, Italy, Germany; the conditions that exist in Spain, in China, in Japan are what? The oppression of the producers by those for whom and to whom such power has come to be used as their opportunity for becoming their brother’s keeper; and not as represented in some lands, the disregarding of the other’s rights.
9. Then those who are in power must know that they ARE their brother’s keeper, and give expression to that which has been indicated in “Thou shalt love the Lord with all they heart and mind and body, and thy neighbor as thyself.”
10. This rule must be applied. It is true that some of those factions in Russia this is an attempt, yet there ARE those who have applied and do apply same in not only the economic life but attempt to in the mental and spiritual life. And this brings or works hardships where it should NOT be.
11. True, in other lands – whether the Communism, the Fascism or the Nazi regime – these are missions to be filled, and these are opportunities. But when there becomes class or mass distinction between this or that group, this or that party, this or that faction, then it becomes a class rather than “thy neighbor as thyself.”
12. For all stand as ONE before Him. For the Lord is NOT a respecter of persons, and these things CANNOT long exist.
13. From the conditions in these other lands, then, America – the United States – must take warning.
14. For to WHOM does the wealth belong? to WHOM do the possibilities of the land belong?
15. Does it belong to those who have inherited it, to those who have been given the positions by power? or to those who have by their labor, by the sweat of their brow PRODUCED same?
16. Not that all would be had in common as in the communistic idea, save as to keep that balance, to keep that oneness, to keep that association of ideas, of activity, of the influences throughout the experiences of all. These are to be kept in those attunements in which there may be the land itself defining what freedom is; in that each soul is by his OWN activity to be given the opportunity of expression, of labor, of producing.
17. But all of these, also, are not to say where or what, but are to seek through their OWN ability, their OWN activity, to give that of themselves that is in keeping with those who labor in the vineyard of the Lord.
18. Hence these may apply in the national and international relationships.
19. For there must come, first, a stabilization of the monetary unit. There must come then the exchange of commodities or of trade IN a way and manner in which not merely sections, not merely distinctions made of one portion of the land against one another, but ALL are taken into consideration.
20. Unless this is done, turmoils and strifes will arise. And that which has made and does make the people of America afraid, is the fear of servitude in ANY manner!
21. All, though, must learn that those who ARE to be the greater, those who would make the greater contributions to activity in every sphere and phase of influence, are to be the servants of all; not those who would be lords over others.
22. For the Lord so loved the world as to give His only begotten Son, that whosoever would might KNOW that life in its manifestations, in its expressions and relationships and dealings as one to another is not a gouging, not a “gimmie”, not a hate – not those things that belittle, but those that create hope, faith and understanding in the minds and the hearts of men EVERYWHERE!
23. All that is for the sustenance of life IS produced from the soil. Then there must be a return to the soil. Every man must be in that position that he at least creates, by his activities, that which will sustain the body – from the soil; or where he is supplying same to those activities that bring such experiences into the lives of all.
24. For of dust the body is made, and of dust the sustenance of same comes.
25. Then the mind and the spirit, in accord with those things indicated, will bring into the experiences of all that relationship one to another wherein that all ARE brethren. For these must bring and keep peace one with another.
26. Ready for questions.
27. (Q) Make such comment as may be presented on the following affairs, as I name them: The unemployment situation in America.
(A) In all of those centers or areas there must be more and more return to the toil upon the land, and not so much of the makeshift of labor in specific or definite fields. For unless this comes, there must and will come disruption, turmoil and strife.
28. (Q) Labor and capital in America.
(A) Unless there is the give and the take, and the considerations of those that produce – so that they have as much of the use and the division of the excess and profits of the labors – there must be brought greater turmoils in the land.
29. (Q) The Japanese and Chinese situation.
(A) These bespeak of themselves that which is happening and has happened. But might does not make right. Rather will the principles of the Christian faith be carried forward in and through the turmoils that are a part of BOTH China and Japan.
For without those cleansings and purifyings, tradition alone may NOT be destroyed. For it is through the purging that the strength and beauty of each will come forth.
30. (Q) The Spanish situation.
(A) This is that whereunto the real troubles, here, are only beginning. For unless there is to be the consideration given to each factor, then others will come in and devour the spoils.
This is the outcome of seed sown in the ages past, and from same man can – as a whole – and SHOULD take warning.
31. (Q) The Russian situation.
(A) As we have indicated, here a new understanding has and will come to a troubled people. Here, because of the yoke of oppression, because of the self-indulgences, has arisen another extreme. Only when there is freedom of speech, the right to worship according to the dictates of the conscience, – until these come about, still turmoils will be within.
32. (Q) The German situation, within its own country and its relations with others.
(A) A man that represents a country – so long as there is class and mass distinction, there must be turmoils and strife. But so long as the powers are held within those whose purposes and ideals are that of “I am my brother’s keeper,” and not forcing self upon same. Being the brother’s keeper does not mean that “I am to tell him what to do, or that he is to do this or that irrespective,” but rather that ALL are free before the law and before God.
33. (Q) The Italian situation internally and in relation with others.
(A) This is being rather an outgrowth; and the dictatorship is becoming more and more in line with those policies of peace – and will BRING peace to many another disturbed quarter and section.
34. (Q) The British situation in its own country and in relation to its colonies.
(A) This is being balanced, or is the balancing power in the European land as well as in the Far East.
And when those activities are set that will bring the consideration of EVERY phase, more and more will it be able to control the world for peace.
In France we find that where an old debt must eventually be paid.
35. We are through for the present.