TEXT OF READING 5748-3
This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce at his office, 322, Grafton Avenue, Dayton, Ohio, this 1st day of June, 1925, in accordance with request made by Edgar Cayce himself.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Gertrude Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno.
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 11:40 A. M. Dayton Saving Time.
1. GC: You will have before you the reading given on the psychic work of Edgar Cayce, present in this room, on the afternoon of 5/28/25, and you will continue with this reading regarding the information of the first laws concerning man’s relation to Higher Forces, giving this in an outline manner and how this was given to the people.
2. EC: Yes, we have the information as given and the conditions as surrounded the giving of the first laws as regarding the indwelling of Higher Forces in the earth’s plane, and man attempting to make application of same.
3. Now as we see, we have the general outline of those conditions of man in the earth plane at the period or age, as is judged from man’s viewpoint, of this gathering as caused by the second ruler of the peoples that dwelled in that portion of the earth’s plane, now known as Egypt. There is to be considered, now, also those conditions under which man, as man, lived during that period in the various spheres in which man dwelt. In that land we find the peoples comparatively free from the invasion of the beasts of the field, save those as were being used for man’s development and for the use of man as servant or as man’s beast of burden. While we find in the now Tibetan country, then the land of the many waters, the indwelling of those of many beasts whom man had to defend self against. Again in the Mongoloid region many others of the species and nature that were destructive to man’s indwelling in many ways. Also those in Caucasia, or the lighter or whiter peoples. Also in the land of the plains in the Northern spheres in the Western portion of the earth’s plane, many beasts and many conditions, and man then [was] in the way of having a different understanding, for different conditions were to be met, as were also in the Southern portion.
4. Then, as these were gathered from the five nations, we find the subjects of those pertaining to manifestations of the development of man and man’s ability to cope with the conditions, and the forces wherein men were given their supremacy over the other conditions in the earth’s plane. And the first as was given by the ruler was, then, [that] the force that gives man, in his weak state, as it were, the ability to subdue and overcome the great beasts that inhabit the plane of man’s existence must come from a higher source. Hence the first law of self-preservation in the physical plane attributed to Divine or Higher Forces. Just as the elements adding to the betterment of man’s condition in the earth plane, we have then the rudiments of that as was taught. Hence began, as given, the study of the indwelling of that other than man’s physical prowess, yet there were many men of giant stature to meet the conditions as seen, yet the approach of that same force to some was reached through the power, heat, significance of Sun’s force, of Moon’s wane, of waters bringing forth all manners of organisms necessary for developments in the plane.
5. Then, we have the gathering together then of this group, from the farthest places – forty and four (44). As we see, [this number] will run through many numbers, for, as we find, there is the law pertaining to each and every element significant to man’s existence considered and given in one manner or form by the groups as gathered at this meeting.
6. We are through for the present.